Humor Me

Unknown-8Humor me and just go with it.

Imagine for a minute that you were just born, lived an entire adult life up until right now and you just up-and-go on some reality show, in front of millions of television viewers and hundreds of thousands of live internet feed viewers “seeing the dirty you can’t see on tv” for three months 24 hours a day, and you win.

You win Big Brother.

And then, let’s say you continue living your life after winning and as is life, lots of good and very bad shit happen in your life. There are those that have been in your life since you were born just an “imagined” minute ago until right now on this second day in 2013. And then there are those who entered your life more recently. Perhaps there are those who left your life too soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You probably have a lot in common with most everyone around you because we all come from someone and at some point we all lose someone. So, if what separates you from the next person is the fact that you won Big Brother, how do you maintain some sort of balance at this point in your life?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There would be no reality television without the fans of reality television.

So where do the fans who watched me on television or on “surveillance cameras” for a summer, fit into my life after winning Big Brother? All over the place, literally:

~ in the brightest and lightest of places and in the darkest of places too. I appreciate most, in life and in fans, those who understand the concept that I had a life before Big Brother and a life after and live a life now, all along the way having loved and lost and watched loved ones suffer right up until their deaths. And other life “things”. Because those fans also have full lives that they choose to share with me, instead of hiding behind anonymous accounts of hate.

~ on Twitter and Facebook and Reality Nation and used-to-be-Instagram. I am no social media expert but I do tweet most anything and I’m self-certified OCD, so I’m focused all over the place at all times. And I write, as a profession and as an aspiring author.

And as such, no matter the number of people in my life on any given day, the number of fans I interact with are greater. But the three loves in my life are my husband and my baby and myself. By choice.

And I also choose to write like I slap, like I mean it, when it’s my job to write about reality television. It’s like what I like to read and those who like to read it, do. Even those who don’t, do and sometimes wish death upon me as a reaction to the twenty six letters of the alphabet I use better than they do.

I consider myself fortunate. Not only do I have a job in times like these, I get to do what I enjoy (a little too much sometimes) at home where everything just thrives. But some fans just want to call me a dumb c*nt.

There would be no reality television without the fans.

And I interact on the heavy side, with fans. By choice. Real fans of Big Brother are open and sharing, not anonymous and toxic. Those fans fit best into my life and some become real friends, despite distances apart.

As for the rest, they may continue obsessing about my awesomeness and posting hate anonymously.

Photo Credit: @ChiTownBB

Posted under: Big Brother, Reality TV Dishes

Tagged as: , , ,

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Haha, I have LOTS of costumes hanging in my closet, but a nun’s habit is NOT one of them. But on photoshop, it’s fun :)

Thank you Gay, for including me in your life.

• That particular summer was a huge one for you, yet at the same time only a minute part of your life and who you are. I enjoyed you in that particular summer, but I grew to really like you as you are in your off screen life. Thank you, Jun!

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Yes! Exactly. You get it Richard. But you always got it.

That summer was a lot of things for me but every summer is too, and I’m happy that you (and others) know more about me post-BB :)

• Kelsey Watts on January 2, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

Keep doing what you’re doing Jun. Screw the haters. Big Brother would not be as fun for me if I didn’t have your “tell it like it is” updates to read. I can’t wait till I’m on Big Brother and you find ways to pick me apart :) it’s all in fun!

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Thanks Kelsey! I too prefer reading things that are “tell it like it is” :) And be rest assured I will tear you apart if you ever get on the show! HA!

• I remember watching your season back in the day. I couldn’t root for you initially because I was gung-ho for Jack. An FBI profiler? I anticipated an easy win. After he was so painfully dismissed, I quickly replaced him w/ you. As a reluctant Twitter-whatever-person, I’m disappointed that it took me years to join. As a true smart@ss, I can appreciate and enjoy the sarcasm. I wouldn’t have it any other way. In addition, the Noah pics put a smile on my face every time. He is about the cutest kid ever. Keep up the snark. I don’t like my recaps and updates with sunshine and rainbows. I appreciate a nice helping dose of reality in my “reality tv” recaps. If I wanted politically correct anything, I’d go elsewhere.

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Awwwww! Jack had to go and I had to turn on him hahahaha but there will never be another Jack seen on Big Brother. He truly is one of a kind :)

Thanks for the words of support, I will definitely be keeping up the snark! Sunshine and rainbows come with Noah, but they have little place in my reality tv blogs ha :)

• Anonymous on January 2, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

Haaaaaaaaaa… I love the picture……. I love your blogs… keep them coming… No good blog goes unpunished!!!!!

• I will NEVER understand not only why people post such toxic things anonymously, but also what makes them think it’s acceptable??!!

Not one single person would speak to another like that in person, so online should be no different!!

If you don’t agree with the opinions of somebody in real life or don’t appreciate their personality then you avoid them, something these mentally disturbed idiots should do online too!!

I can’t even begin to imagine some of the crap you must go through Jun with these people, but I think I speak for everyone (sane) when I say thank you for not letting it stop you doing what you love, and not letting it stop you from entertaining us!!
    After the past couple of years I genuinely don’t think Big Brother and Survivor would be the same without reading and sharing opinions with you, and i’m hugely grateful you take time out of your life to communicate with everyone.

I hope this blog helps to silence some of the people who feel the need to spread their hate online!! :)

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Well, they are cowards.

And, you are not. You have been so open and chatty with me from the beginning and I’ve enjoyed sharing jokes and life with you Dean!

• Julie Milburn on January 3, 2013 at 3:09 am said:

I love your writing and how you share your life with us; the fans… It’s unfortunate that the haters will always be out there, but to hell with ’em and keep it coming!

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Thank you Julie. I’m looking forward to year with less hater drama hahahaha. I don’t egg them on as much anymore and I think they are starting to bore of me. Yay! :)

• Seems like the haters should be called something other than “fans”. Yet I guess in the end that’s what they are. Sigh. It’s funny really. Although I orgininally “knew you” from BB, I almost never think of you as Jun, winner of BB4. Somehow that title got lost and was replaced with “friend”. I’m one of the lucky ones.

• Although I consider myself a BB “super fan”, there are few previous house guests that I follow and less that I converse with. As for you, I think you’re a cool chick with a wicked sense of humor that I would follow anyway; BB was just the vehicle that introduced us. Keep doing what you’re doing and to hell with everyone else.

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

We clicked right away and I think you’re super freaking cool too! Plus, you’ve given me this awesome photo of me as a nun hahahaha!

• Hopefully you can consider those toxic folks just another bell on the cash register…No matter what they say, they’re still making you money 😛

I do adore you and miss the interaction. I continue to hope I will be well enough to be back on twitter way more than I am now some day. Sigh…Not looking too good, but one can’t lose hope, right?

• Sister Licious…wearing no pants under your robe..or is it called a dress? Throw me a bone…Im catholic challenged.

I am one of the lucky ones that gets to call you friend, despite distance, and more recently life interruptions. Not the least of which is psycho in-laws who have accelerated our need to re-locate.

I love how you use the 26 letters. Brilliance is only partially descrip. Art would be another…if I get all TV announcerified…it’s must read writings!

Im so glad you are always dishing, always tweeting (even if I miss it right now) & always facebooking.

Do priests go pantless as well? Sticky situation. Literally.

• Jun Song on January 3, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Sister Jude wore a red negligee. I’d probably be in black lace. :)

Cheers to 26 letters…and life keeping us busy!