Happy Birthday Noah

Right at 7:33am Belgian time, this time last year (2012), I started tweeting what ended up being my labor and delivery of our little Noah. Today is his first birthday. A year has tickled its way across our lives in a blink of an eye.

Happy Birthday my little love.

And here are the tweets from that day I gave birth on Twitter:

And then, less than 30 minutes later Noah was out and shrieking then sleeping in our arms. It’s evident in the photo that Davy and I had just gone through some shit and needed to SLEEP!

Noah'sBirth

What a difference one year makes although we could still use some sleep. I wouldn’t have any of it any other way. A deep sigh and thank you all for sharing this first year with us!

Haha, thanks, I wasn’t following you during the birth, so just read that for the first time. You are one tough fucking woman, Jun. And childless women like me are glad for mother-types like you. You are not annoying about it; you just share – without bragging or acting like you deserve better than those women who choose not to have babies, and that is noted and appreciated. 🙂

Happy 1st birthday to Noah, and I hope your lovely family has a great celebration day, in spite of the frickin’ chicken pox (it’s always something that has to fuck shit up, right?).

Thanks for sharing many moments of your life with others; it takes courage, and it’s appreciated. 🙂

Awwwww thank you so much for this message! The choice to have children is a HUGE one.

Hahahaha I can’t believe the chickenpox chose to arrive when they did 🙂

2. Hammy

LMAO. That day was the funniest shit I ever read on twitter.. I remember it all almost word for word, loved the pain meds ones hahaha

Noah, you were determined you were making an appearance that day no matter what. You had a universal family waiting with baited breath to hear you and your Umma were ok. How love can transcend the universe via technology is mind boggling but it truly does.

Happy happy first birthday lil man, it has been a pleasure sharing your life this first year xoxoxo

#LoveMyNoahFix 🙂

3. OkieChris

Just like it was yesterday. I was so worried because he was so determined to be here early. He’s got the determination of his Umma and Papa.

Happy Birthday Noah the Jun crew love you and your family you are so blessed!

Chris

4. MarluvsBB

lol… So glad for the repeat. I can’t remember why I was absent from Twitter those few days before Noah was born, but when I got back and realized he’d been born, at first I freaked because I knew it was too early. I then tried to go back in your timeline, but it stopped at like the day BEFORE Noah was born, so I missed all these tweets. Happy Birthday, Noah!

5. Oh, Jun, I don’t remember my own births as much as I remember yours! Thank you for “delivering” every day – you’re the best “series” or book for me – may you go on for 50 years! Happy Birthday Noah – you’re a blessed little boy to have such awesome parents!

6. Sparky

Happy Birthday Noah. I wish nothing but joy for you every day of your life. Please don’t give Umma and Papa too much grief as you get older. Remember they have been there and done that long before you will think of it. What a delight you have been to your family and foster aunties and uncles. Thank you Jun for sharing him so generously with us all.

Thank you Sparky! From your lips…

But Noah’s been such a doll so far, I’m hoping he continues this into he teens. Wishful thinking! 🙂

I recall trying to “gently” encourage you that it probably wasn’t going to go away & please call someone. But you weren’t having any of it. Such glorious memories! I also remember, when everyone was safe & sound, thinking “damn that Jun. She found a way to cut six weeks of hell off her pregnancy!!” Happy Birthday, Little Man.

1. Hammy

KC, I remember that too … along with me almost having a heart attack that Jun was just going to take her time , have a leisurely shower and shave(sculpt) hahaha I thought I was going to die if she didn’t get her azz in gear and get to the hospital LOL

Omg, what a day that was .. a day to remember for sure 🙂

8. Quinn

Truth: I ditched work this day to follow you during Labor. Played total hooky. Happy Birthday Noah! And THANK YOU Jun (and Davy) for sharing your lives with all of us.

9. I love reading about your experience since I was not following you yet. How the fuck did you tweet while in labor? You are not human and I am standing by my opinion. Smiled through your descriptions of grossness and humiliation. Glad you are having a great memory day.

10. Peg

Happy Birthday #3, Noah! And, happy BIRTHday to you, Jun. We have something in common…Our first son is also celebrating his birthday today, on this date, 3-21-15 and he is the big 50! May our Dear Lord bless Noah with many happy and healthy years ahead. (He’s such a cutie pie)

11. Peg Rejent

Happy Birthday #4, Noah! It’s so much fun watching you grow up via cyberspace. Many blessings for a fun-filled, healthy year ahead. God Be With You.