Different Saturdays

Today, this Saturday, I spent the morning at my town’s annual “rommelmarkt” (junk sale). With my husband Davy and our little Noah in-tow, we three haggled our way through vendors and came away so many unexpected goodies.

TeaPicnicSet

A wicker basket picnic and tea set with happy little faces painted on them, and brand-new. I freaked out inside when I saw it, but managed not to squeal. Then I paid 2 Euro (about $3) to make it mine, well Noah’s, gratefully.

I’d have loved something like this growing up. I cannot wait to have picnics with Noah, if this weather ever gets warmer. Mother Nature needs to make this happen.

And then the attention to pretty detail in a hand-woven food cover circa “a very good year”, caught my eye too. I’d always wanted one, but a pretty one and not one of those “good functional” ones. I found it today and brought it home for 2 Euro.

Lucky price point for me today.

WovenFoodCover

Next Saturday, Davy and I will be going to Amsterdam for a weekend getaway. Our mission, which we’ve chosen to accept, is to attend a “pansexual fetish party” while we are there. Wasteland, it’s called. We’ve got our tickets already, at 50 Euro (about $65) each and eyes wide open.

Really? Yes.

And if you’d like, I’ll blog about my experience when I get back. Leave me a comment!

WastelandApril13

Having watched the Wasteland Video Trailer I think I know what i’m getting into, but one never truly knows until experienced first-hand. The good news is there’s a “dresscode”, so we are prepared:

“Leather, Uniforms, Plastic, Rubber, School boys & girls, Metal, Cross-dress, Fetish-Burlesque, Fetish Glamour, Medical, Body art, Fetish-Goth, fetish Steam Punk, Baroque. (No casual street Wear, No combat army dress)”

And we seriously need to be prepared, because there’s a “Bitch” at the door who could possibly turn us away for being underdressed:

“THE DECISION OF THE BITCH IS FINAL! The dress code is vigorously checked by our doorbitches.The door is actually the place where playing begins. There are no ticket refunds if the dress code is not adhered to.”

This is a first for both Davy and me. We’d planned on going earlier but pregnancy and new parenthood derailed us. We’re now a week away. We’re expecting something like Mardi Gras and mythology, but exponentially more intense and concentrated. There are some serious DJs performing, and also acrobats and sex acts galore next Saturday.

It will be a very different Saturday than today.

Posted under: Reality Dishes

Tagged as: , , ,

• You always leave me wanting more. 😉 Can’t wait until next week. I love how you write and how almost nothing is off limits to write about.

• OkieChris on April 7, 2013 at 1:19 am said:

I don’t understand why anyone would want to do this but, YES blog about it!

I don’t think I can even imagine what goes on. Oh maybe because I don’t want to. Hahaha y’all have fun and I’ll be waiting for the blog.

• Jun Song on April 8, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I never understood anything about these things either, but I’m thinking of it as a big concert with half-naked people all over the place :)

• Anonymous on April 7, 2013 at 2:22 am said:

1 Question, do you have anything that might “squick” you? Think about it and be prepared accordingly to perhaps see that there. Know the rules ahead of time to the place and if not read up about etiquette in general about sceneing. You wouldn’t want to offend anyone since you stated it’s your first time. Just a little info to help you along. From the one who is….of the senses…..

• Jun Song on April 8, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

I’d say anything involving peeing or pooping on people :) HA! But yes, we’re pretty much prepared!

• Anonymous on April 7, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Hidden camera is a big no. If found, she will be thrown out at the very least. Otherwise the risk is blacklisting from everywhere else and/or the loss of her good name/reputation. Trust me, she does not want this!

Go, enjoy, be free, enjoy and take it all in (the experience). Come back and blog us about it but just remember please respect those off whom you shared/witnessed the experiences with. Lots to learn. 😉

• outsidereality on April 7, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Will want to see what Davy and your outfits look like, along with all the details (well as much as you may remember…)

• Anonymous on April 7, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

don’t you think there are things you don’t do when you are a mom and dad? It just seems like a pre kid thing to do if at all….. guess im a prude but yuck

• Anonymous on April 7, 2013 at 10:53 pm said:

Moms and dads do these things all the time, even long after the kids have grown up. There is a whole culture out there , and growing. Especially now with 50 Shades of Grey. Though that book IS fictional and potentially could harm someone if they actually believed it all and didn’t take the time to educate themselves of the real lifestyle (be it Domination & submission or BDSM or any sub culture of it re- fetishes). Of course they usually don’t allow the children to see what they do, as responsible parents.

• Jun Song on April 8, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Right. Besides, it’s just a party! We don’t “have” to “do” anything :)

• Jun Song on April 8, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

I guess? But I don’t think I’m going anything I’m not supposed to do…so far…

I can understand your feelings on this. I never thought I’d be doing anything like this either…but then again I never thought I’d marry someone I COULD do this with. :)

I look at it as a blessing that I have someone to experience something so new and “crazy” with :)

We’ll see how it goes. :)

• Ronda DeYoung on April 8, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

I really hope you share your experience with us all from the “door bitch” to the exit and everything in between

• I keep writing and then upon a reread I delete it. not sure what I want to say except if you dont blog about it I will be sad. has Davy ever been in Amsterdam on New Years Eve. our trip plan puts us there…