I always swore I wouldn’t be one of those moms who answered in months when asked how old my child was, once past the age of one. But today Noah is officially 13 months old, and a very lucky 13 at that!
So in appreciation of the lucky number 13, here are:
13 Things Noah Did Today
1. Noah awoke and turned 13 months, and had extra energy for it. More energy than mine and Davy’s combined, clearly.
2. Noah had his morning poop as usual. Because really, who doesn’t love a good morning poop?!
3. Noah shoved half of a soggy chewed-up baby cheese doodle in my mouth and clapped his hands in appreciation while I ate it for him, as if I had a choice in the matter.
4. Noah pulled out a few tissues out of the Kleenex box in our bedroom and happily chewed on a piece of one of them, like it was gum, before swallowing it right in front of our eyes.
5. Noah chanted like a witch doctor for a good while, prompting Davy to chant along with him like it was a scene out of Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.
6. Noah finally got over his fear of sitting on the grass. Finally.
8. Noah held his breath and turned tomato-red, for dramatic effect, after being denied access to the inside of the dishwasher.
9. Noah had his first real chocolate pudding today and grunted “nom nom nom” he loved it so much, and we are just waiting for the inevitable poop explosion to happen as a result. It should be any minute now.
10. Noah farted in his sleep in the car on the way home from grandma’s house, where he’d just had chocolate pudding.
11. Noah laughed at his own jokes.
12. Noah put a total of fifty-three different objects in his mouth, swallowing at least half of them.
13. Noah caused many smiles.
My face hurts from all the smiling.