The Glass Housekeeping

I just read an article on Reality Nation today, written by my lady friend Spicy, and it was a R.I.P. message for The Glass House. Now I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve wondered more than once if there’d ever be a second season, even though ABC had “hinted” about a renewal. So after reading Spicy’s take on the death of the show I’m a little disappointed. It’s not that I was planning to watch a second season considering I never watched, in entirety, it’s first.

I have, however, invested enough in The Glass House by way of blogging my cast assessment and even writing up my verdict on the first episode. So I’m going to close this sad tale with a tale of my own, in tribute to Watty Piper’s “The Little Engine That Could” (1930).

The Little ABC Engine that Could Not

~ an excerpt

“I’m no Big Brother,” said The Glass House to the ABC executives. “I’m just a quick-fix copycat version of what Big Brother is. I’ll never make it past the first episode.”

“But we must do something with all these ex-Big Brother production people we hired. Besides, the Legal department told us CBS will never follow through with their lawsuit. We’re good to go! Do it for America! You must,” said the ABC execs.

The Glass House saw tears in the greedy old executive’s eyes and thought of the American television viewing audience waiting for a great new reality television game show.

“I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.” And magically, The Glass House had its cast.

CastTheGlassHouse

“I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.” And The Glass House had free limited live feeds and a whole bunch of weirdos in the cast, enough to gain many fans.

“I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.” And The Glass House got a “maybe” 8-ball answer from ABC execs about a second season.

“I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.”

NO. You could not, The Glass House, sorry.

~

With all that said, I’m still a big fan of Gene and Jeffrey.

GeneJeffrey

They’ve hit the reality event circuit pretty hard post-show, but I’m not going to judge them. Not here anyway. They seem to be having fun with their reality television fame without ending up on TMZ with a taser to their taints so…

Speaking of taints…

AshleyRemember that Ashley chick?

BE THE SUN!

Yes, her.

She was a huge disappointment on the show, and post-show as well. Twitter fights are all different shapes and sizes, and the one she picked with me was the shape and size of pathetic.

She’s a Barbie girl in a Barbie world, except swap “Barbie” out with “Vapid”.

BE THE SUN!

For research-sake I did check the Twitter and Facebook pages for The Glass House and they were not looking good. In fact, the last few comments on the last Facebook post were  S P A M.

TheGlassHouseFacebookPage

Oh, and Someone at ABC should probably clean that Facebook page up, even if they’ve clearly cut the pursestrings. The Glass Houskeeping needs to be called.

Posted under: Big Brother, Other Shows, Reality TV Dishes

Tagged as: , , ,

• Anonymous on May 23, 2013 at 11:03 pm said:

I had forgotten about this show. Didn’t watch although I found Gene and Jeffrey amusing on Twitter.

Is it June 26th yet?

• Barb Ross on May 23, 2013 at 11:09 pm said:

I tried to watch that show. I think I only lasted a couple episodes..I’m a BB fan and the show could not compete with my favorite.

• Jun Song on May 24, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

I managed a few episodes myself. I didn’t think it was the worst reality show I’ve ever watched, however, it lost me because it was trying to be Big Brother and denying it.

• I liked the show, but the internet schedule was not conducive to viewing. Having it on ony at certain times didn’t work for me, I need the live feed to be on all the time so I can watch on my schedule, not theirs.

• Jun Song on May 24, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

I guess they needed to control the times. I liked the show too, but still couldn’t finish the season. I feel bad that they just got cut like that, but oh well. TVland… :)

• I really enjoyed The Glass House and it filled in the spot till BB started. I did have to overlap them once BB started because I was so invested into who won. BTW, my favorite book growing up was The Little Engine that could and give it to all my babies on their 1st birthday :-)

• Jun Song on May 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

Cuteness!!! I want to get it for Noah too. :)

I remember you being into it actually. It did fill a spot for a lot of other people too, I think. But it’s a no-go it seems…

• I never watched the show. It was a knockoff. 34 days until Big Brother! I read some articles on the internet saying there won’t be any returning players this season. I hope that is true because that means Frank won’t be back this season! Thank you for not picking him to be a part of the fantasy blogs!

• I set the show to record and then never watched it., so many people said it was bad and i just couldnt get into it when nobody said they liked it. I got a refurbished desk top for the livingroom and I have the jig saw puzzle I will work on. Klimpt Lady in Gold. now bring on BB. .

• Jun Song on May 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

I actually thought some of the show was really good, but just overall came out week.

Have fun with that puzzle :)

• Sparky on May 24, 2013 at 2:44 am said:

I could only watch about 1 1/2 episodes. Just a piss poor imitation. To make matters Alex the loudmouth idiot turned up on Worst Cook in America. I must agree with Richard the taser to the taint made me hee haw.

• Sparky on May 24, 2013 at 2:45 am said:

That should be” to make matters worse”. Just the mere mention of Alex sent me into a swoon.

• Jun Song on May 24, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

Ugh. Alex was horrible! But I think after that cooking fiasco thing he’s gone away? I saw him in a photo a few months ago and he hasn’t popped up since ha!

• Hahaha -> “I spared you the entire vagina. You’re welcome. Or I’m sorry? Whichever applies.”

• chris99x on May 26, 2013 at 2:27 am said:

I thought the challenges were interesting, but that was it. My favorite, Crazy Aunt Robin, simply didn’t make it far enough. Funny, nobody here in Coos Bay (one of those places where everyone knows everyone) had any information whatsoever on him. Oh well!