Summer Plans

Last night I basically had my last bite of dinner then passed out and slept until this morning, because my body told my brain to get some fucking rest. It’s true. Wahhh I’m so tired even now, but I’ll stop crying as it annoys even me.

Instead of crying it’s time to re-prioriritze, using everything I can control and leveraging things that I can’t…

For months now I’ve been anxious leading up to this summer because Big Brother blogging done right requires so many hours of devotion, and I just have no more hours to devote to anything much extra these days. With my other writing job, running my site here and little Noah in full toddler-gear something’s gotta give.

Fishnet

It’s unbelievable to me that it’s been 10 years since I was on Big Brother wearing fishnet. My whole Big Brother experience has always been my guilty pleasure and good story to tell because I won, and it came along with some cash bonuses here and there after the fact. Most of all it’s connected me with thousands of you instantly, and some for forever. However, this summer I’m letting go of my guilty pleasure a little bit.

“Everything happens for a reason,” is the perfect reasoning for so much happening around me lately and all signs point to taking a step away from Big Brother. For now. Thank you to everyone who’s offered me a writing gig this summer, and to everyone who enjoyed Power Rankings with me, but I’m taking a BB-break.

GoneFishin

A family vacation is in order, and Noah’s first steps have yet to happen so it will be a big summer for me yet!

I’ll miss watching feeds and reporting in all the nonsense and I’ll miss snarking voraciously on BB HGs through Power Rankings blogs, but I’ll be watching from afar and checking in. This is why I compiled the partial list of sites I’ll be following this summer while I’m BB-less.

I’m looking forward to taking a breather and being a voyeur like all of you, and shielding myself and my family as much as possible from some of the threats and hostility I’ve received the last few seasons of Big Brother. Unfortunately having been on Big Brother means you take the good with the bad, but there truly is some bad out there when fans threaten people’s lives over a television show. Having now a family of my own, I know I’m making the right decision in taking the summer off from BB.

Taking Noah to the children’s reading room in the library and to the playground nearby, and all the other summer things that involve an ice cream treat will be my live feeds action this summer.

NoahYesterday

A family road trip will happen at the end of this month as we drive to France, specifically to Omaha Beach in Normandy where I’ll stand in awe of the history there. I’ll blog about it, and other things too this summer, so I’ll stop being so dramatic as if i’m going to disappear off the face of the freaking earth.

Posted under: Big Brother, Reality TV Dishes

Tagged as: , ,

• Jun Song on June 6, 2013 at 11:33 pm said:

Hahahaha, yes. I felt so dramatic writing it all, but I know people will ask so I figure I write it out in blog :)

• Jun Song on June 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm said:

Hahahaha, yes! Noah was asleep most of the time this time last year, but this year he’s all over the place and I have to chase him :)

• MarluvsBB on June 6, 2013 at 10:48 pm said:

I don’t blame you either. These precious baby years with Noah will fly by as you know already. Wanting to make him and Davy your priority this summer won’t get a negative from me! I’ve been debating whether I want to devote my summer to BB again too. I’ve discovered this past year more than any other that life is so precious and so short. I’m proud of you for having your priorities in the right order. I’m hoping willing spirit to forego it, will overcome my weak flesh to indulge in that oh-so-guilty pleasure. Dish on, Jun! Will look forward to reading about your excursions with Noah and Davy!

• Jun Song on June 6, 2013 at 11:33 pm said:

Totally! Noah’s never going to be this little again hahahaha and I have to keep an eye out on him for his safety and my sanity and everything in between :)

If you need BB to help you heal from this last year, then so be it. Be good to yourself! :)

• MarluvsBB on June 7, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

I caved… bought into the 20% discount and bought the feeds last night. I will miss the first three days getting ready for my stepdaughter’s wedding, but after that, I should be good to go. I’m so weak. haha

• Totally understand your desire to refocus from Big Brother to Mr. Awesome and Mr. Hottie. The milestones and adventures that await you are once in a lifetime events. Savor them as they so rightfully deserve to be. I’ve no doubt that you’ll have more fun!!

xoxo

• What a wonderful decision on you, Jun!! Good on you. You muh lady have your priorties straight. What an awesome and wife. I’ll miss your bligs but I’ll enjoy your life. ..from afar..as I always do. No feeds for me this year either! To much going on in this New England un-wonder land. 😉 Muah!

• Yay for the family!!! A BB season without Jun is a season without snarkese. Spare me total withdrawal please. Twitter is the perfect 140 venue. Just once in awhile if you get an itch 😉 Spread your wings Umma!

• It is always better to immerse yourself in real life than reality TV. As long as you don’t disappear completely from our lives I am completely in support of your decision. Enjoy every thing as you will not pass this way again.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

I’ll be around for sure! :) You got it…Noah does something different every hour on the hour and I love seeing all of it :)

• Day 12 in Jun’s Big Belgium House: Jun and Davy are in the kitchen on (that’s right, I said ON) the kitchen table, but first, Noah wakes up from his nap early and walks (yes, WALKS) in on them. Jun is so shocked that she accidentally let’s out a fart and Davy laughs so hard JE falls off the table. Power rankings: Jun: +50 points for afternoon delight, -100 points for farting, -100 points for having eaten cabbage the night before, + 200 points for having the good sense to go for the gold after meeting Davy while on vacation. Total points: + 55 points. Davy: +50 points for afternoon delight, +50 points for laughing, – 50 points for falling off the table, +200 points for realizing that Jun was special when he first met her. Total points: +250 points. Noah: +500 points for being a mix of 2 very special people, and being the best ! Total points: + 500 points. Noah is in the lead. (it wouldn’t be a power ranking without a math error) Have fun this summer with your real family, and your net family will be here when you need us. <3

• I completely understand your decision to take the summer of from BB. You have an amazing husband and son. Devoting your time to them is the right decision. It’s such a special time in Noah’s life because this is the age when a lot firsts happen. That’s way more important than BB. I’m going to miss your BB power rankings though :(. I’m looking forward to hearing about the road trip and everything else this summer. I’m down for the ride :).

• I totally understand your decision. Will miss all your comments tho. Have fun with your family-that is the most important part of your life. Love to you and Davy and Noah.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Thank you Barb! I’m looking forward to just watching this season at my pace with no pressure for writing about it :)

• Anonymous on June 7, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

So glad you have made peace with yourself and allowing yourself to step back a bit …. Just no way to do everything … And a toddler in itself is a full time job!

• Anonymous on June 7, 2013 at 12:52 am said:

Good for you to know when to step away. Noah needs you now more than ever. I, as well as many others will really miss your snarky opinionated comments about the houseguests and their antics. Thanks for the seasons past and the many hours of enjoyment you provided. See you on the other side of BB.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

He truly does need me! These last couple of weeks he’s been changing so much and I’ve been trying to catch up hahaha! I’m hoping to still catch episodes but not feel so pressured to keep up with feeds, etc… It will be a new experience for me ha!

• I will miss your BB opinions, although I’m sure you’ll watch and share just not in as much of an official manner. Enjoy your summer! Can’t wait to see Noah running all over the place.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Yes, exactly, Quinn! :) OMG I know I can’t wait for Noah to run, but I know i’ll probably be more exhausted then hahaha!

• Kim Bates on June 7, 2013 at 1:10 am said:

I’m glad to hear you are taking time for yourself and your family. Alex is turning 18 today! And I honestly don’t know where the time has gone. He was just starting pre-school seems like 10 minutes ago! I think that’s what made me enjoy so much the whole journey with you through pregnancy and Noah’s first’s so far. It goes by so fast and you can’t get those moments back. I just shake my head in wonder that Alex will be off to college in just two months! Our main job as a mom is to make ourselves ‘obsolete’. And let me tell you from this side of the age scale, I don’t like that I’ve done a good job at that one single bit!!! just kidding. I really am proud of him that he has the confidence and courage to follow his dreams where ever they lead. But I miss him already and he isn’t even gone yet. Give Noah a squish for me, cuz Alex won’t have it anymore now that he is ‘all grown up’ and can’t stand hugs from mom these days…ugh…I can’t wait until he grows down and needs his mom again!!! Probably about 24 or 25 maybe??? **fingers crossed**

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

I totally believe you on not knowing where the time’s gone hahaha OMG 18! That confidence and courage does come from love and support! Good for Alex and good for you :)

• Kim Bates on June 7, 2013 at 1:12 am said:

and one more thing…It makes me sick that someone would threaten you or your family over a tv show. what in the hell is the matter with some people..

• While I’ll miss you dearly on all things BB – Bravo for taking time for your family! Life goes by too quickly, absorb it all and enjoy your summer!

• Have fun, Jun! You deserve it! Life with kid(s) and work does get busy and I was wondering when that time was coming for you :) … Family life is very important! With Noah getting older, he’ll need more mamma time and more activities. I’m so glad we connected well and I’m very thankful for your wonderful friendship afar. You’re awesome! And a great writer too! Xoxoxo

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

I wondered too Grace! HAHAHA! Family life should be everything if you have it, for sure :)

Activities abound with Noah ha! Love to you and your family :)

• Kcsmum on June 7, 2013 at 2:53 am said:

OMG. My mom is totally freaking out that you are going to Omaha Beach!!! Her brother was there when he was 20. We’ve heard stories our whole lives. Mom insists that we watch every WWII documentary that comes on TV. Please – send me a picture from Normandy. My Uncle Jim said the sea was pure red with blood. He never completely recouped from being there. He served two tours during the war. Oh, this is exciting!!!!

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

I’m very excited. We’re going with Davy’s mom and Patrick and I plan to take everything in :)

I will totally send you a picture (like the one from Paris)!

• Jun!!! you are an amazing mom, cook, and I’m sure an amazing wife too! haha
    This is awesome! I can’t wait to hear more about your summer with baby Noah!

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Yon, hello, I seriously respect moms so much more now and you with your three. They’re so bright and happy and I totally bow down to YOU! HA!

Can you imagine back at NYU telling each other that we’d still be in touch like this as moms and wives 20 years later? :)

• I no longer talk on chats. not just you explayers who are bashed. Trolls haunted me one summer and threatened to do horrible things. enjoy your life. there are many things to blog about.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Oh I know. I’ve heard from a lot of people that they’ve been threatened and bullied online at all hours of the day and night. Sigh. It’s a bad side effect of bad fandom.

• Shannon on June 7, 2013 at 4:44 am said:

I will miss you so much but I totally understand. Before I had my boys BB was a constant every summer but now it’s a part time guilty pleasure when time allows lol. I still look forward to reading your regular blog & tweets! Will you watch the regular BB shows/eviction nights?

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Hahahaha. It’s just another sacrifice right? BB is special but there comes a point I guess that it takes a deliberate backseat haha!

I’ll try to watch as much as I can and tweet. :)

• Good for you, Jun. Too much of anything/routine is draining and makes life lack luster. It’s really cathartic to let go of things we’re attached to once in a while.

Im actually phasing out social media and the internet in general from my life so I can focus on other things (im so dramatic right? Lol) but i have a handful of sites I let myself check up on and yours is one of them.

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Thanks for your positive energy Perry :) You’re absolutely right. Time to change things up a bit!

Love the drama haha. Let me know how it goes along the way. Glad you’ll be checking in here!

• Omg I’m gonna miss your Power Rankings so much :(

But I totally understand why you need a break. Your ‘Day in the Life’ blog exhausted me just reading it!! Haha. And it really must be tough having to deal with the idiots who ignorantly throw out threats without thinking of the damage it can do.

I hope you guys have an awesome summer & vacation, and you get the recharge you need :)

• Jun Song on June 7, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Hahaha, that was just a Monday. I swear I have so much more respect for stay-at-home moms and all moms totally! :)

Yes. Those idiots don’t think about (or maybe they do?) the shock and the hurt and trying to explain such hate to people who care about us… :)

Recharge mode is on!

• Bibidahlluv on June 7, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

I totally get it Jun. I will miss your power rankings but your family is more important. I have a busy job and a long commute so I don’t have as much time to devote to it either but we will survive. :)

• Before I went to Normandy, a coworker recommended that I read The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan. It helped put D Day into perspective and made me appreciate the experience. Try to go to Mont St Michel too for some levity. Enjoy your summer!

• Jaime / Mstr_of_Domain on June 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

Hey Jun, I was thinking similar thoughts this year. I’m addicted to the show and, even more so, the live feeds. That comes at a huge cost though. You totally lose your life for 3 months. Why on earth am I watching someone watch something else? On the off chance that they’ll have a secret conversation or episode of “just the tip?” I’ve decided to pull back and, as of right now, I will not be purchasing the feeds. Anyone that gets the feeds knows…. the tv-only audience has no idea. So, if I don’t get the feeds, will I waste my time with the show only? I haven’t decided yet.

Life happens. Just like you, I have big plans coming up and I really don’t have the level of time and attention to commit to this ruthless ex-boyfriend-of-a-show. Cold turkey is the way to go but I have a feeling I might sneak back for a quickie now and then.

I will miss your snark and power rankings though. I wouldn’t even need to watch the show to enjoy those.

Jaime (twitter won’t let me connect for some reason)

• Am so proud of you knowing where/when to draw the line. Some things there just aren’t second chances for. Quality time with the 2 most fabulous men in your life, is one of them :)

You have given us so much of yourself as well as sharing those most important to you with us, it would be incredibly selfish for us to wish for anything other than the very best time for your family.

Living right brings good things to those who are in touch enough to know what is truly important in life. Being able to prioritize is paramount to achieving the most right living.

You have been blessed in some ways others have only been able to dream about. Enjoy it, and each other to the fullest when schedules allow. Make lifelong memories that will buoy all of you in the future when time is limited or distance is a factor. Or both.

Much love to all 3 of you xoxo