I’ve never made a bucket list before and I know people have renamed it clever cutesy names for it because “kicking the bucket” is too dark for some sissies. But I like the term bucket list, call me a purist. So having never made an actual bucket list for myself…
1. I want to travel to Korea. See what’s become of where I used to live, for three years with my paternal grandmother, and I’d like to see where my mother grew up. Whether or not in their places stand buildings or restaurants, I do want to go back to the country I was born in and spend a good amount of time taking in Korea. Eating in the city and walking through the countrysides, and everything new that awaits. I’ve always saved Korea in my list of places traveled, but it’s one that will happen.
It’s absolutely #1 on my list.
2. I want to publish a book. Maybe even more than one. Free writing comes easy to me. Book writing and publishing is a labor of love and then more labor…the blessing and curse of being a writer.
3. I want to take care of my mother. Financially and eventually forever but for now I take care of the needs under my own present roof, while I strive to set momz up with more security in her future.
4. I want to be a voice for those who need to be heard. I don’t know yet in what capacity but I will know it when I know it, and I will use my voice for good.
5. I want to see my brother happily married with a family of his own.
6. I want to learn to ride a bicycle. I do.
7. I want to vacation where I sleep in one of those Polynesian over-the-water bungalows under the sun.
8. I want to own and operate a food truck and see where it goes. (Update: I’m the new owner of Rice House, opening May 1st, 2014! Click here for the blog about it!)
9. I want to succeed in preparing the perfect poached egg.
10. I want to face my one biggest demon whom I’ve never had the courage to face before. I can be patient with myself.